HomeAbout NeboshQualificationsWhere to studyShopFAQs

What Qualifications do I need to be a NEBOSH Instructor?

NEBOSH needs to be satisfied that the course provider has a teaching team comprising people with adequate qualifications and experience in the technical areas covered by the relevant syllabus.  Although there is an expectation that tutors will hold a qualification at a level above that which is being taught, tutors who hold a qualification equal to the one that they will tutor on and are able to demonstrate suitable competence or have specialist subject expertise would be approved as part of a teaching team.

A tutorial team will comprise a course leader/lead tutor who is likely to be a Member of an appropriate professional body such as the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CFIOSH, CMIOSH, Grad IOSH or equivalent), Institution of Fire Engineers (FIFireE, MIFireE, AIFireE) or other relevant body. 

In accrediting programmes, NEBOSH considers the balance of expertise within tutorial teams; accreditation does not imply that any tutor is individually approved or accredited by NEBOSH.