There are no easy routes to a NEBOSH qualification. Learners have to study hard and complete rigorous assessments, demonstrating their knowledge and understanding. That's why NEBOSH qualifications are valued by professionals and organisations around the world.
Unfortunately, some people try to cheat to gain our qualifications. NEBOSH therefore has strict processes and dedicated experts to prevent and detect malpractice.
Our Ethical Practice Report gives a quarterly overview of recent malpractice cases and the penalties and sanctions given. Use the links below to download the reports:
- Ethical Practice Report April - June 2023
- Ethical Practice Report January - March 2023
- Ethical Practice Report October - December 2022
- Ethical Practice Report July - September 2022
- Ethical Practice Report April - June 2022
- Ethical Practice Report January - March 2022
- Ethical Practice Report October - December 2021
- Ethical Practice Report July - September 2021
- Ethical Practice Report April - June 2021
- Ethical Practice Report January - March 2021
Together we can stamp out malpractice and protect the integrity of the health and safety profession.
If you have any evidence about possible malpractice, please report it to NEBOSH’s dedicated team of experts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We review every piece of information and intelligence that is sent to us. The information you provide could also support and existing investigation. However, for privacy reasons, we cannot provide an update on individual cases or investigations to you.
Fraudulent online content
We have dedicated Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) experts and lawyers who find and remove fraudulent activity such as fake certificates, assessment writing services, guarantees of 100% pass rates or claiming to have access to NEBOSH’s systems to change grades. Although it only takes minutes to post something online it can take days or weeks for NEBOSH to have it removed by the relevant platform.
If you see a fraudulent social media post or website you can help by:
- Reporting it to us at email@example.com; and
- Reporting posts to the relevant social media platform.
Our free verification service
You can verify any NEBOSH qualification and we highly recommend that employers use our verification services in the recruitment of potential health and safety employees.
NEBOSH has two free services that are available:
- If you have a certificate, you can use our Online Verifications Platform to check the authenticity of any NEBOSH qualification, or scan the QR code available on newer certificates.
- To validate the information on a results document please contact NEBOSH via our Verification Request Form.
Please see our Malpractice Policy and Procedures for further information.