The following guidance and resources will help you prepare for a NEBOSH digital assessment.
Give yourself the greatest chance of success and make sure you are prepared before the day of your examination:
- Study and revise
Make sure you thoroughly understand the topic so that you apply your knowledge to the unfamiliar scenario presented in the examination
- Prepare an environment that:
- Is comfortable with a desk and chair
- Has got room for your notes, books and other resources
- Is free from distractions
- Is well lit
- Has a good internet connection available
- Is not too hot or too cold
- Read through the resources provided on this page
- Familiarise yourself with the online examination platform before the day of your examination.
Registered learners will receive an email with instructions on how to do this and further information about the platform can be found in the Technical Learner Guide in the Resources section below.
- If you have previously taken a NEBOSH digital assessment your login details will remain the same. If you have forgotten your password select 'Forgotten your username or password?'. Your username is your learner number. https://learning.nebosh.org.uk/
- Your assessment submission must be in PDF file format. From September 2023 onwards, any submissions which are not in a PDF file format will be declined and will not be marked.
Download the guides and resources using the links below to help you prepare for your open book examination.
Please note that the examination platform can also be accessed through a browser on any mobile device, without needing to download or use an app. The platform is optimised for mobile and will have the same functionality as on desktop. Our guides will soon be updated to reflect this.
- NEBOSH Certificate Scenario-based Digital Assessments: Learner Guide - helps you prepare for your assessment, outlines requirements for the assessment and closing interview.
- Scenario-based assessment Learner Guide - provides hints and tips for you on how to answer a scenario-based assessment.
Technical Learner Guide
Sample question paper
National or International General Certificate
Learners will complete unit NG1 (National) or IG1 (International);
Health and Safety Management for Construction (UK or International)
Learners will complete unit CN1 (UK) or CI1 (International);
Certificate in Fire Safety
Environmental Management Certificate
We have created a series of video tutorials about using the online examination platform. Together with the Technical Learner Guide above, these videos will help you feel familiar with the platform ahead of your assessment. They may also help answer any questions you have about the examination process.
Watch the full playlist now:
Choose a title to watch on YouTube:
- Accessing the platform
- Submitting your assessment - please note, we can only accept submissions in PDF format.
The following tutorials go into more detail for each action, but please be aware that the platform may have different or additional features since these examples were recorded.