Due to the continued demand for NEBOSH qualifications, we are continually seeking new examiners for our Certificate and Diploma qualifications.
Who can be a NEBOSH examiner?
Examiner applications will be assessed based on the following criteria:
Qualification in occupational health and safety (or other appropriate)
Relevant health and safety experience (or other appropriate)
Chartered member if IOSH or Grad IOSH working on CPD scheme (or other relevant)
Experience in assessment
Experience in marking
In addition to English NEBOSH also offer some qualifications in the following languages
To mark in these languages, Examiners must be fluent in the chosen language and have a good standard of English; if your application is approved, we will need evidence of your verbal and written proficiency in any non-native language(s).
**International General Certificate Japanese/English bilingual Examiners currently required for immediate start**
Benefits of being a NEBOSH examiner
- It gives you the opportunity to give something back and support the development of the next generation of health and safety or environmental professionals.
- Marking exams can help keep your health, safety and environmental knowledge up-to-date and can be part of your continuing professional development.
- It’s a way of supporting NEBOSH in achieving its vision to preserve and improve health and safety in workplaces worldwide.
- You will get to work with and learn from other experienced safety and health practitioners.
- Exam marking can fit around other commitments – a deadline is given for the return of papers then it is up to the examiner to decide when to do the marking.
- Being able to say “I am a NEBOSH examiner" is a useful addition to a CV.
- Examiners receive payment for their time and effort.
How to apply
In order for us to assess your eligibility to be a NEBOSH Examiner; please complete the NEBOSH Examiner CV template and send it to ExaminerRecruitment@nebosh.org.uk.
We plan to deliver in-person examiner training in India and Dubai soon. If this would be of interest to you, we recommend submitting your Examiner application form as soon as you can to ensure we have time to approve it before the training takes place. When submitting your application, please add that you are hoping to attend one of the in-person workshops, so that your application can be prioritised.
If you meet the Examiner criteria you will be selected to mark ONE eligible qualification unit. You will then be invited to take part in one or more of the following training exercises based on the unit selected.
- Examiner training workshop
- Examiner online training module
- Examiner practice marking exercise
Resources for Examiners
Our NG2/IG2 examiner guidance is available to help make sure examiners are prepared to mark the practical assessment. Learning Partners and Learners preparing to take the assessment may also find the information useful.