The Michael Adamson NEBOSH Diploma Scholarship will support academic and career progression for aspiring health and safety practitioners.
Two winners – a UK and an International learner – will be awarded paid-for study and assessment fees for the NEBOSH Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals.
The Diploma and this scholarship is designed to help learners develop the knowledge and practical application they need to succeed in the workplace, advance their careers and keep people safe from harm.
This scholarship is named in memory of Michael Adamson who lost his life in a preventable workplace accident in 2005. His sister Louise is dedicated to sharing Michael’s story and campaigning for better occupational health and safety.
How to apply
Applications are now closed.
Applicants must answer all questions, provide all required information and meet the minimum criteria of holding a NEBOSH General Certificate to be considered for judging. Applications will be judged by an expert panel who are:
- Dee Arp, NEBOSH Chief Operating Officer
- Matt Powell-Howard, NEBOSH Head of Learning and Partnerships
- Lino Yohannan, Senior HSE Manager for WSP in the Middle East, NEBOSH Diploma holder and NEBOSH Alumni member
- Crystal Danbury, Group Head of Safety and Insurance at Sainsbury’s, NEBOSH Diploma holder and NEBOSH Alumni member
- Louise Adamson, sister of Michael Adamson after whom this scholarship is named and NEBOSH Ambassador
For more information on the application process and the full terms and conditions of the scholarship please download our Application Guide. This is important as our winners will be expected to abide by the terms, these include timescales of the studies and a commitment to participate in promotional activities.
Winners will be notified by 10 June 2021 and must acknowledge the prize by 15 June 2021. If you do not acknowledge or accept the prize then NEBOSH reserves the right to offer the scholarship to an alternative applicant. Please refer to our full terms and conditions in the Application Guide.