The Michael Adamson NEBOSH Diploma Scholarship will support academic and career progression for aspiring health and safety practitioners.
Two winners – a UK and an International learner – will be awarded paid-for study and assessment fees for the NEBOSH Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals.
The Diploma and this scholarship is designed to help learners develop the knowledge and practical application they need to succeed in the workplace, advance their careers and keep people safe from harm.
This scholarship is named in memory of Michael Adamson who lost his life in a preventable workplace accident in 2005. His sister Louise is dedicated to sharing Michael’s story and campaigning for better occupational health and safety.
Applicants must answer all questions, provide all required information and meet the minimum criteria of holding a NEBOSH General Certificate to be considered for judging, as outlined in the application guide. Applications are judged by an expert panel, for the 2021 Scholarship our panel was:
- Dee Arp, NEBOSH Chief Operating Officer
- Matt Powell-Howard, NEBOSH Head of Learning and Partnerships
- Lino Yohannan, Senior HSE Manager for WSP in the Middle East, NEBOSH Diploma holder and NEBOSH Alumni member
- Crystal Danbury, Group Head of Safety and Insurance at Sainsbury’s, NEBOSH Diploma holder and NEBOSH Alumni member
- Louise Adamson, sister of Michael Adamson after whom this scholarship is named and NEBOSH Ambassador
Applications are now closed and our 2021 winners have been announced: NEBOSH announces winners of first-ever Diploma scholarship.
We plan to reopen applications for the scholarship in 2022. Our monthly newsletter will include any future updates on the scholarship, subscribe using the form below.