Study a genuine NEBOSH qualification
Monday, 22 June 2020
NEBOSH’s internationally recognised qualifications are sought after by employers and learners around the world. Training towards these qualifications is delivered by a network of Learning Partners who are accredited by NEBOSH.
As a consequence of such recognition, fraudulent organisations may attempt to imitate genuine accredited NEBOSH Learning Partners and take your money without providing a genuine NEBOSH qualification. This undermines both the learning process and health and safety around the world.
What fake organisations will attempt
- Use fake email addresses and contact numbers that are not related to a genuine learning partner or NEBOSH.
- Use incorrect logos and modified documents that are not related to a genuine learning partner or NEBOSH.
- Produce fake exam entry confirmations (hall ticket) and unit results notification (URN) for exams that do not exist.
- Offer fake certificates or parchments.
- Offer certificates and qualifications without the need for you to sit an exam or assessment.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
What you can do:
- Find out the organisation’s NEBOSH Learning Partner number and check with us that they are accredited.
- Visit the ‘Where to Study’ section on the NEBOSH website to ensure an organisation is accredited.
- Check for details like the email signature, email address, and contact number. Try to make sure they genuinely exist as an office.
- Research multiple NEBOSH Learning Partners to gain an understanding of the service and training support that will be included within the fees.
- If in doubt, email email@example.com – our Customer Services team will be happy to help.
How to verify your qualification
NEBOSH takes fraud very seriously. If you have any concerns regarding the legitimacy of your NEBOSH qualification, you can use our self-service platform, NEBOSH Verifications, to confirm if the certificate is genuine. If it cannot be verified online, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org for further support.
In addition to this, all parchments issued for exams held from the 1 January 2020 benefit from a new modern design with additional security features, including a personalised QR code. This provides an instant overview and status of the parchment.
Any website or email not ending in @nebosh.org.uk is not a genuine NEBOSH platform.
For more information about the verification process and how to submit a request, please visit the verification policy page.