What does the qualification cover?
The International Construction Certificate is modelled on the NEBOSH National Construction Certificate (NCC). The key difference between the two qualifications is in the applicability of legal requirements. Specific reference to UK law is replaced with reference to International Labour Organisation Standards.
The syllabus includes:
- Foundations in health and safety
- Identifying hazards and principle and practice of risk assessments
- Principles of control and reducing risk
- Investigating and recording incidents
- Management of construction activities
- Hazards and controls on a construction site
- Movement of people and vehicles
- Manual and mechanical handling
- The control of fire and electrical hazards
- Working at height
- Control measures for evacuation at work
- Confined spaces hazards and risks
The syllabus guide can be found here