Important notice: Safety Simplified is being withdrawn.
The final date for new learner registrations is 21 December 2021 with the last assessment date being 21 March 2022. If you are interested in this course, please see the Health and Safety at Work Qualification as an alternative option.
In just three days this new NEBOSH course will give you practical, real-life skills to help improve health and safety in any workplace. Safety Simplified is relevant to any business, in any sector utilising real life case studies and cutting edge learning practices.
Learning is fun and engaging using high quality resources throughout.
Employers will see the benefits of the training, in efficiencies; such as less days lost through illness and accidents.
Safety Simplified will give you invaluable knowledge and skills that will help you improve safety in your workplace.
This three-day course is:
- Relevant to every workplace, in any sector
- Suitable for employees at any level as an introduction to occupational safety and health
- Perfect for those with responsibility for, or an interest in, health and safety.
According to the Health and Safety Executive, workplace injuries and ill-health cost UK businesses over £15 billion per year. To go home safely at the end of the working day is a right, not a privilege. NEBOSH courses and qualifications are trusted by organisations around the world to help them create a safer workplace and improved safety culture.
After studying Safety Simplified, employees will have fresh ideas and practical tips to start making improvements straight away. Safety Simplified will help organisations to:
- Reduce incident and injury rates, and the associated lost time, absence, reputational damage and cost
- Build greater health and safety awareness amongst employees
- Increase employee engagement and participation to go beyond basic compliance with organisational safety measures
- Make working relationships between health and safety leaders and employees more effective and collaborative
- Improve morale and lower staff turnover.
What will I know
- Understand the reasons for, and benefits of, managing health and safety.
- Have an improved understanding of organisational safety measures.
- Understand how to help prevent incidents recurring.
- Appreciate the purpose of inspections and audits.
- Know how to contribute to supporting health and safety practices and create a better working environment for everyone.
What will I be able to do?
As a robust introduction to occupational safety and health, Safety Simplified will give you key practical skills to take into the workplace:
- Understand and implement a simple risk assessment.
- Stop incidents from repeating themselves; a four-step approach to investigations.
- Identify and manage common workplace hazards, including workplace equipment, manual handling, stress and more.
- Keep an eye on how things are going; understanding audits, inspections and how to learn from good or bad practice.
How is it assessed?
Results are marked by the Learning Partners and once submitted onto our system you will receive certificates within 48 hours. You may receive provisional results before this.
As this course is an introduction to health and safety, there are no entry requirements.
NEBOSH recognises that great learning experiences equip learners to make a difference to health, safety and the environment in the workplace. Safety Simplified is designed to be absorbing and engaging for the learner. We provide learning that brings health and safety to life and helps make a real difference in the workplace.
We rely on our global network of Learning Partners to provide excellent learning and support to our learners. Our Learning Partner Programme is a quality assurance programme that aims to recognise those Learning Partners who can prove that they meet the principles that represent global best practice in the provision of course tuition and support. You can find further information on our Learning Partner Programme by clicking here.
The Learning Partner Programme introduces a standard that must be met by all Learning Partners and we also ask our Learning Partners to commit to continuously improving the learner experience. This will allow us to recognise our leading Learner Partners for their quality tuition, innovative delivery and excellent learner support.
When choosing a Learning Partner, the factors you may wish to consider include:
- Mode of Study – Options available include face to face, distance learning, in-company training and eLearning. Has one method of learning been more effective for you in the past?
- Cost – Each Learning Partner sets their own fees to reflect the service offered. We recommend you contact a number of Learning Partners to establish what their fees are and what is included in the fee.
Our Where to Study search facility can help you to shortlist Learning Partners that match your personal requirements. You can search for partners accredited to deliver specific courses. Location and mode of study preferences can also be factored into your search.
Course fees are determined by individual Learning Partners and vary depending on the format of the course and support provided.
The required teaching time for this course is 18 hours. This is 3 days when delivered as a face-to-face training course.
Learning doesn't have to stop here.
Safety Simplified can help give employees throughout an organisation a working knowledge of health and safety practice. But for those who want to go further, NEBOSH has a wide range of qualifications and internationally recognised general certificates. Safety Simplified could be just the start of your occupational safety and health journey.
This section provides guidance and useful information in support of this qualification.
If you would like any further information please get in touch through our Contact Us page - our Customer Enquiry Team will be happy to help.