You must prepare and revise for your open book examination.
Give yourself the greatest chance of success and make sure you are prepared before the day of your examination:
- Study and revise
Make sure you thoroughly understand the topic so that you apply your knowledge to the unfamiliar scenario presented in the examination
- Prepare an environment that:
- Is comfortable with a desk and chair
- Has got room for your notes, books and other resources
- Is free from distractions
- Is well lit
- Has a good internet connection available
- Is not too hot or too cold
- Read through the resources provided on this page
- Familiarise yourself with the online examination platform before the day of your examination
Registered learners will receive an email with instructions on how to do this and further information about the platform can be found in the Technical Learner Guide in the Resources section below.
Important: If you have previously taken a NEBOSH open book examination your login details will remain the same. If you have forgotten your password select 'Forgotten your username or password?'. Your username is your learner number. https://learning.nebosh.org.uk/
Download the guides and resources using the links below to help you prepare for your open book examination.
Open Book Examinations: Learner Guide
From December 2020, the IG1 and IGC1 OBE are available in English, Arabic, French, Portuguese (European), Russian, Spanish (European) and Turkish.
Open Book Examinations: Technical Learner Guide
Open Book Examinations: App Guide
We have created a series of video tutorials about using the online examination platform. Together with the Technical Learner Guide and App Guide above, these videos will help you feel familiar with the platform ahead of your assessment. They may also help answer any questions you have about the examination process.
Watch the full playlist now:
Choose a title to watch on YouTube:
- Log into the online examination platform, desktop
- Download your examination paper, desktop
- Upload your examination paper, desktop
- Remove and replace your submission, desktop
- Reset your password
- NEW: Language options in the online examination platform, desktop
- Download and log into the mobile app
- Download the examination paper, mobile app
- Upload your examination paper, mobile app