We were delighted to take part in the recent SHP webinar, Manual handling? Don’t do it until you have risk assessed!
Tackling one of the leading causes of musculoskeletal disorders, this webinar took place on Wednesday 23 February 2022 and is now available to watch on-demand.
When it comes to manual handling, many organisations go straight to training – focusing on how to lift, for example. A thorough risk assessment can often help to identify and remove manual handling risk or, when an activity is required, select the best training and support to protect your workers.
In this webinar you will:
- Gain an overview of the issues and impact of manual handling
- Take away tips to help you get started on a manual handling risk assessment:
- Worker consultation
- Task as imagined v done
- Circumstances for use of the MAC and RAPP tools
- Learn about free Health & Safety Executive tools which can help you
- Hear real-life solutions to manual handling challenges
- Get an insight into a new NEBOSH and HSE qualification.
The webinar is available to watch on-demand by registering on the SHP website;