PRODUCT DEVELOPER – ASSESSMENT SPECIALIST (EHS Qualifications and Courses)
Are you experienced in design and development of assessments for vocational health, safety or environmental qualifications? Do you have experience of developing scenario, case-study and assignment-based assessments? Do you know what it takes to make sure assessments are fit for purpose? Do you hold a qualification in Environment or Health & Safety at level 3 (RQF) or level 6 (SCQF) or above? If so, this could be your next move.
Join NEBOSH and be part of our continued growth. We are an award-winning global organisation which delivers. We are seeking to recruit a Product Developer – Assessment Specialist who will contribute to our bold growth plans.
Who are we?
NEBOSH is the global leader in health, safety and environmental qualifications designed to meet the needs of modern workplaces. Established in 1979, NEBOSH qualifications are now offered by a network of over 600 learning partners active in over 130 countries and attract around 50,000 candidates annually. NEBOSH was awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise for “outstanding achievement” in International Trade.
We are a successful and ambitious organisation that recognises the value of teamwork and is passionate about personal and professional development.
We need a Qualifications Product Developer who is particularly skilled and experienced in assessment design and development. This is a key role, supporting the Assessment Development Team in rolling out our next generation of assessments that are fit for purpose, relevant, robust and resilient.
You will report directly to the Assessment Development Manager and work with both internal and external stakeholders to design, develop, review and maintain assessments, primarily for our certificate-level (general, construction, fire) and diploma-level qualifications.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a similar role for an awarding organisation or commercial training company.
- Experienced in assessment design and development – particularly those methodologies based on scenarios, case studies and assignments but also more traditional structured-response and multiple choice designs
- Knowledgeable on qualification design, and its interfaces with assessment design
- Familiar with the language of assessment
- Excellent at building relationships and working with others, as part of a team
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of Health, Safety or Environment to at least level 3 (RQF) or level 6 (SCQF)
- Skilled in researching and analysing ideas, content and solutions
- Realistic in your planning and prioritisation
- Accomplished in your written English
- Scrupulous with confidentiality
In an ideal world, you are also:
- Familiar with the different regulatory requirements for qualifications across the UK, especially those of the SQA
- Knowledgeable of the systems used to ensure consistency of standards across assessment options
What you will deliver:
- Creation, development, review and maintenance of agreed assessments within agreed timescales (working primarily with subject matter experts, product developers and the assessment development manager)
- Contribute to assessment authorisation and performance reviews
What’s in it for you?
This is an exciting time to be joining NEBOSH and a chance to add to your CV as part of an established and forward-looking organisation, supporting the delivery of our strategic change programme.
We offer a competitive salary based on qualifications and demonstrable experience plus benefits including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, private health insurance, life assurance, Employee Assistance Programme, a group personal pension plan.
Full job description can be found here
Please apply to email@example.com with a CV and covering letter demonstrating why you should work for NEBOSH and indicating your salary expectations.
Please quote the reference: PDAS on your application.
Closing Date: 14th May 2021