Are you an experienced and capable Finance Manager looking for a new challenge in an established, people-focused organisation with big ideas and strong values? We'd like to hear from you!
NEBOSH is an award-winning organisation operating globally to deliver health, safety and environmental qualifications and is seeking a dynamic interim Head of Finance to lead the finance team and deliver accurate financial and management accounts and reports, insightful analysis and effective communication.
Who are we?
NEBOSH is the global leader in health, safety and environmental qualifications designed to meet the needs of modern workplaces. Established in 1979, NEBOSH qualifications are now offered by a network of over 600 learning partners active in 132 countries and attract 50,000 candidates annually. NEBOSH was awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise for “outstanding achievement” in International Trade.
We are a successful and ambitious organisation that recognises the value of teamwork and is passionate about personal and professional development.
We need a capable and assertive interim Head of Finance; a qualified accountant experienced in financial management. The successful candidate will be commercially aware, client-focused, able to challenge and offer solutions and adept in dealing with multiple systems. We also need someone who can inspire and lead the finance team and who can oversee the rollout of a new financial system.
This role reports to the Director of Finance and Resources.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ ACA / recognised accountancy body).
- Experienced user of accounting software and Microsoft Office (Excel).
- An excellent communicator, able to adapt style and content to maximise effectiveness with different audiences.
- Experienced in managing and reporting on budget, producing monthly management accounts and cash flow forecasts and leading on year-end accounting and audit processes.
- Able to understand the cost structure of products and services and advise on pricing.
- Experienced in delivering accurate reports and presenting finance papers to key stakeholders.
- A capable leader with experience of managing staff effectively.
- A critical thinker and commercially aware, confident to challenge finance decisions and provide solutions.
- Flexible in your approach and skilled in prioritisation.
In an ideal world, you are also:
- Experienced in charity accounting.
- Experienced in organisational change.
What you will deliver
- Effective leadership and management of the Finance team.
- Monthly management accounts and cash flow forecasts.
- Quarterly revenue / expenditure reporting.
- Accounting for a trade subsidiary.
- Value-added financial decision support and insight.
- In partnership with the leadership team, generation of financial plans, budgets and forecasts and identification of key financial risks and key performance measures.
- Rollout of new financial system (first 3-4 months).
- Up-to-date knowledge ensuring compliance with all relevant financial legislation, regulations and guidelines such as VAT, Charity Commission requirements etc.
- Management of internal and external audits.
- Change leadership and support for continuous improvement and a culture of learning.
- Effective, concise and timely briefings for the Director of Finance & Resources on key financial issues and decisions.
- Management of royalty agreements for joint qualifications with other organisations.
- Manage spending outside the agreed budget or forecasts ensuring justification and approval prior to any cost spend.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary based on qualifications and demonstrable experience plus benefits including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, private health insurance, life assurance, employee assistance programme, a group personal pension plan.
Further details and the job description are here
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter demonstrating why you should work for NEBOSH and indicating your salary expectations.
Closing Date: 27 September 2019 - this role is currently being advertised through Change Agents.