Join NEBOSH, the world’s leading provider of health and safety qualifications, at an exciting time. As we approach our 40th anniversary we’re looking for a Graphics Design Apprentice who will support us with our visual brand identity. You’ll be creating visual concepts using software to communicate ideas that inspire, inform and captivate.
What you’ll be doing
As a member of our supportive and friendly Marketing and Communications team, we’ll help you to kick-start your career with the Junior Content Producer Apprenticeship. You’ll be getting involved and developed in a range of activities, including:
- Assisting in the development of overall layout and production design for various applications while supporting the established corporate brand and standard guidelines
- Working with various directorates to develop creative concepts that meet predetermined initiative/project objectives and strategies
- Protecting and promoting the company branding initiatives and key messages through creative development and execution
- Creating layouts and production ready files for web, print advertising, event graphics, PowerPoint presentations, social media and other items as required:
- Use digital illustration, photo-editing software, and layout software to create designs
- Create visual elements such as logos, original images, and illustrations that help deliver a desired message
- Create PowerPoint presentations according to company brand standards
- Design layouts and select colours, images, and typefaces to use
- Present design concepts to team and directorates
- Incorporate changes recommended by team and directorates into final designs
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing
As you progress through your Apprenticeship we expect that you’ll show the skills and attitude needed to take on more responsibilities and autonomy within the role and make a real impact to our business, establishing yourself as the ‘go to’ person for graphic design support.
Although you’re at the start of your graphic design career, we’d like you to play a key part in creating exciting new content that will engage our audiences.
Ideally you will:
- Have knowledge of typography, layout, colour sense and the latest design tools including PhotoShop, InDesign and Illustrator, Video and graphics content creation
- Have basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud or other graphic software
- Be able to make your way around a range of social media channels
- Have great copy writing skills
- Have customer-facing experience; you’ll be engaging with lots of people so the ability to communicate – both written and verbal – with a range of people is important.
- Be confident using Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Be entitled to work in UK and have held UK residency for at least 3 years
- Have a GCSE grade 9-4 (A-C) in Maths and English or equivalent
What we offer
National apprentice hourly rate (in line with your age) plus monthly travel contribution.
Your salary will be reviewed every 6 months in line with your objectives.
35 hours Monday – Friday with one study day per week.
You’ll be office-based with occasional travel and weekend working for special events.
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Generous pension scheme
- Healthcare and cash plan
- Death in service
How to apply
- Your CV
- A covering letter; detailing your suitability for the role
Applications close on 22 March 2019.
*Applicants must be able to commute to our office in Leicestershire.