Join NEBOSH, the world’s leading provider of health and safety qualifications, at an exciting time. As we approach our 40th anniversary we’re looking for a Digital Media and Communications Apprentice who will support us to embrace the latest technology and creative ideas to communicate with our stakeholders around the world.
What you’ll be doing
As a member of our supportive and friendly Marketing and Communications team, we’ll help you to kick-start your career with the Junior Content Producer Apprenticeship. You’ll be getting involved in a range of activities, including:
- Content generation for NEBOSH’s social media and range of communications channels, including:
- Day-to-day running of NEBOSH’s corporate social media accounts, using HootSuite software
- Responding to online queries and comments
- Researching and developing social media advertising
- Collating analytics to inspire future developments
- Developing content and campaign ideas
- Using our Content Management System to update and add website content
- Making recommendations for Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Researching and planning Pay Per Click (PPC) campaigns
- Proof reading and editing copy
- Liaising with external copywriters and PR agency
- Collating and analysing media coverage
- Implementation of internal communications plan
- Supporting Marketing colleagues to deliver regular e-newsletters
As you progress through your Apprenticeship we expect that you’ll show the skills and attitude needed to take on more responsibilities and autonomy within the role and make a real impact to our business, establishing yourself as the ‘go to’ person for digital communications support.
Although you’re at the start of your digital media and communications career, we’d like you to play a key part in creating exciting new content that will engage our audiences. Ideally you will:
- Be able to make your way around a range of social media channels
- Be able to plan, create and edit videos
- Have basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud or other graphic software
- Have great copy writing skills
- Have customer-facing experience; you’ll be engaging with lots of people so the ability to communicate – both written and verbal – with a range of people is important.
- Be confident using Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Be entitled to work in UK and have held UK residency for at least 3 years
- Have a GCSE grade 9-4 (A-C) in Maths and English or equivalent
What we offer
National apprentice hourly rate (in line with your age) plus monthly travel contribution.
Your salary will be reviewed every 6 months in line with your objectives.
35 hours Monday – Friday with one study day per week.
You’ll be office-based with occasional travel and weekend working for special events.
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Generous pension scheme
- Healthcare and cash plan
- Death in service
How to apply
- Your CV
- A covering letter
- A short video or graphic outlining why you’d be a great fit for this role – show us your creative side!
Applications close on 11 January 2019.
*Applicants must be able to commute to our office in Leicestershire.