Join NEBOSH, the world’s leading provider of health and safety qualifications, at an exciting time. As we approach our 40th anniversary we’re looking for a Communications Apprentice who will support us to embrace the creative ideas to communicate with our stakeholders around the world.
The successful candidate will be passionate and enthusiastic, able to speak to all kinds of people and bring personality to our communications, online, in print and in person.
What you’ll be doing
As a member of our supportive and friendly Marketing and Communications team, we’ll help you to kick-start your career with a PR Apprenticeship from our chosen provider, Digital Marketing Mentor.
You’ll be using your exceptional writing skills to get involved in a range of activities, including:
- Writing news articles and press releases
- Proof reading and editing copy
- Liaising with external copywriters and PR agency
- Liaising with editors of industry publications
- Collating and analysing media coverage
- Implementing our internal communications plan
- Supporting Marketing colleagues to deliver regular e-newsletters and promote events and exhibitions
- Supporting colleagues from all teams with their communications needs
- Content generation for NEBOSH’s social media channels
- Day-to-day running of NEBOSH’s corporate social media accounts, using HootSuite software
- Responding to online queries and comments
- Researching and developing social media advertising
- Collating analytics to inspire future developments
- Developing campaign ideas
- Liaising with design colleagues to develop complementary visuals
- Using our Content Management System to update and add website content
- Making recommendations for Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Researching and planning Pay Per Click (PPC) campaigns
As you progress through your Apprenticeship we expect that you’ll show the skills and attitude needed to take on more responsibilities and autonomy within the role and make a real impact to our business, establishing yourself as the ‘go to’ person for communications support.
Although you’re at the start of your communications career, we’d like you to play a key part in creating exciting new content that will engage our audiences. Ideally you will:
- Have great copy writing skills
- Be able to make your way around a range of social media channels
- Have customer-facing experience; you’ll be engaging with lots of people so the ability to communicate – both written and verbal – with a range of people is important
- Be confident using Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Be able to manage your time effectively to meet work deadlines and complete the study required for your Apprenticeship
- Be entitled to work in UK and have held UK residency for at least 3 years
- Have a GCSE grade 9-4 (A-C) in Maths and English or equivalent
What we offer
National apprentice hourly rate (in line with your age) plus monthly travel contribution.
Your salary will be reviewed every 6 months in line with your objectives and we’ll also sign you up membership with the relevant professional body.
35 hours Monday – Friday with one study day per week.
You’ll be office-based with occasional travel and weekend working for special events.
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Generous pension scheme
- Healthcare and cash plan
- Death in service
How to apply
- Your CV
- A covering letter
Applications close on 31 May 2019.
*Applicants must be able to commute to our office in Leicestershire.